Thursday, May 14, 2015

I Needed the Quiet

Poem of the Day

I Needed the Quiet
by Alice Hansche Mortenson, copyright 1944

I needed the quiet so He drew me aside
Into the shadows where we could confide.
Away from the bustle where all the day long
I hurried and worried when active and strong.

I needed the quiet tho at first I rebelled
But gently, so gently, my  cross He upheld
And whispered so sweetly of spiritual things
Tho weakened in body, my spirit too wings
To heights never dreamed of when active and gay.
He love me so greatly, He drew me away.

I needed the quiet. No prison my bed,
But a beautiful valley of blessings instead -
A place to grow richer in Jesus to hide.
I need the quiet so He drew me aside.

1 comment:

  1. This is a poem I have long loved. I was hospitalized for three months, gravely ill, and this poem, plus scripture, was such a comfort for me. Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete